Still Kicking!

Monday, May 28, 2007

I've been so busy lately I can hardly stand it. I went three days - THREE DAYS!! without being on the internet at all. I didn't even have a few minutes to check around AW before I collapsed into bed.

Let's see... work has been... well, work. I won't say more, lest I be accused of whining. On top of 40+ hours a week of working, Little League is in full swing. (Full swing... get it? Oh never mind.) We have at least two games a week, and in between games there is practice, plus I am in charge of the concession stand, so I have to check it and make sure it's stocked every time there's a game, whether it's Son's team or not.

And of course we've got lots of end-of-the-year school stuff going on.

Oh, and did I mention that my relatives decided that we were having a Memorial Day cookout here? At my house? "No, I'm not having a cookout here," was apparently grasped as "Sure! A cookout! That'd be awesome! Everyone come to my house!" At least it's over and done with and I kicked everyone out. Don't look at me like that, I fed them first! Sheesh.

We're also having babysitter issues. How many migraines can one person stand in a week??

And then what do I do? I get sudden inspiration for my children's book series. (Yeah, a series... I'm incapable of coming up with small projects.) I've made some headway, and even got a few pages that I had a vision for sketched out. Ha. Sketched. I think my nine year old would have probably done a better job, but that's neither here nor there.

No progress on editing my novel. I'll get to it someday.

I also started reading a new book. It's the first in a series. I won't mention it by name, because I'm only to about page 10 and it sucks so far. I'm TRYING to give it the benefit of the doubt, but it's not looking good. I think this will be a good book to read in the pool so that if I get to page 50 and it's no better, I can drown it. Unfortunately, I bought the second book, too. I'm irked because it sounded really good. Pfffft.

My cat has decided to take over the spot on my computer armoire where my old printer sat (that my new printer won't fit in). She was lurking there, unseen, when I sat down. Suddenly, there was a wet nose against my knee. I thought she was going to fall over laughing when I screamed.

Speaking of screams, we have a crazy neighbor! Hooray! Our next door neighbor's daughter's ex-husband (got that?) periodically comes to stay with her, for reasons that are beyond my grasp. He's been in jail lots of times for illegal possession of firearms and all sorts of fun stuff. Oh, and he happens to be bipolar AND paraniod/delusional. Oh, and did I mention that he doesn't bother taking his meds?? So yesterday, we're outside in the pool and he dashes out their back door, screaming and cursing and carrying on. Fun stuff. Needless to say, we exited the pool and went inside until he jumped in his vehicle and sped off down the road. Idiot.

Hope you're all having a safe and happy Memorial Day!

10 Angst(s):

Peter Damien said...

The bit that makes me unsympathetic is, you have a POOL.

a'course, I do too, but I live in an apartment building.

(Pete spent all day in the pool. When he wasn't watching pirate films. Yaaaarrrr.)

I think you should quit work and just become independently wealthy.

Tori O. said...

Sounds like fun. We kept receiving last minute invitations to go places.

It was quite fun, and I no longer look so white and pale and lacking color.

Now, I'm dying to know which book it was. Curiousity is getting to me.

Peter Damien said...

"Animal Husbandry for the Suburban Mom"

It's her favorite book. God knows why...

Rllgthunder said...

Carrie uses animal husbandry books as idea starters for her romance novels.
Um...at least, I hope that's what she uses them for. Anything else would be just...well, creepy.

Carrie said...

I use the animal husbandry books to try and figure the two of you out. Perverts.

Peter Damien said...

I'm listed under "Italian Stallion"

which is inaccurate, really, since I'm not Italian.

Carrie said...

*insert groan and headshake, accompanied by incredulous expression here*

Rllgthunder said...

Carrie's staring at Pete's...um...stallion parts again. At least, I guess she is with that accompanied incredulous expression.

Freak. :D

Tori O. said...

You guys are sick, twisted, and demented.


I love it.

Peter Damien said...

That's what the reader(s) here at CarrPeeDiem expect from us. Yes, we do cater to our audience! Both members of it!