Writing in Death

Sunday, February 18, 2007

This post is an announcement.

We here at CarrPeeDiem are pleased to announce that, with Carrie no longer on the internet, what with having friends and a job and a life, all of which she loves more than us, we have decided to bring fresh blood into the blog in order to keep the synergistically fast-moving energy of our community outward intentions active.

You heard me right.

I would like to welcome our new blogger...Nora Roberts, everybody! Say hi!

Hello.

The other day I was writing a novel dilligently. I was working quickly with my hands a blur of motion like rain over the keyboard that I typed on sparingly when I received a phone call from Pete. I cradled the phone to my ear.

"It's Pete!" Pete said gustily.

"I thought I told you never to call here," I said angrily.

"I know," Pete mused thoughtfully, "But I had to. We need someone to talk on our blog!"

"I don't do blogs," I enunciated clearly, "Blogs are for wannabe writers."

"Don't you keep a journal of some sort?" Pete inquired questioningly.

"Yes," I replied informingly, "But I write the entries on hundred dollar bills."

"Oh," Pete muttered murmeringly. "I see."

ANd he hung up.

An hour later, there was a knock at my door and Pete asked me to smell this rag, which I did, and that's how I woke up groggily in this basement where no one is feeding me and I have to post or --

Sorry folks, Nora had to run! What a great gal! She'll be back with further tidbits in future weeks, though! Ha! Ha!

2 Angst(s):

Carrie said...

I think you need to get some help with your Nora Roberts obsession. Didn't the restraining order say something about trapping her in the basement again?

Poor Nora... JD... whatever...

Tori O. said...

Pete has a Nora obsession?

Oh Carrie, do tell.

*Patiently gathers around the blog to hear a good tale.*